Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Music for the Longing Soul

I'm starting to think I've got some Taltos in me. I try to play music for some background entertainment, and it winds up taking over my conciousness (sheesh, I wish this thing had a spell checker) and I get nothing much done. I am almost done with the soundtrack to 2046, right after the soundtrack to Memoirs of a Geisha. That's an hour and a half or so of minor-key music. Tends to put me in a soulful mood.

Anyway, both those movies are worth seeing. Don't concentrate too much on the plot. For Memoirs... it's rather silly if you think about it, and for 2046 there isn't any. But I think it's about my friend Fred (not his real name). Or it will be when he's older.

Li Gong (Hatsumomo) is the bomb in Memoirs..., Ziyi Zhang (Sayuri) seems rather wooden in comparison. In 2046, Li has such a minor role (Su Li Zhen), I wasn't sure who she was. But, Ziyi (Bai Ling) was on fire in this one. My take is that she didn't adapt to acting in English as well as Li. Not that she's bad in Geisha.. she's just usually awesome. See Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or House of Flying Daggers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home